Thursday, September 19, 2013

Lilypad Lacquer "A Grip of Greens" Review (PIC HEAVY) [Minty Moment, Aqua-disiac, My Enchantmint, Too Much Excitemint, Clover All Over, Wishing Well]

Well hi everyone!! I know it's been a little too long since I last posted. I have had these swatches in my arsenal for quite a while, but I haven't found the time to type up this review until now!
Today I'm reviewing quite a few (but not all) of Lilypad Lacquer's mint and green shades. As you'll notice from the label, these polishes are handmade in Australia. They are available internationally, but rates may vary, so if you would like to order, you can contact her through her Etsy shop to work out the details.
Just a little reminder: I don't use bottom or top coats in my swatches unless I state otherwise.

First up, Minty Moment- a mint holo with blue/purple iridescent shimmer.

Opacity: 3
Application: 4.5
I found it just a little thick at first, but it smoothed out nicely with a second coat.
Wear: unknown
Removal: 5
# of coats: 2

Aqua-disiac (very similar to Minty Moment)- a strong mint holo with a pearly finish.
Opacity: 2.5
Application: 5
Wear: unknown
Removal: 5
# of coats: 3

My Enchantmint (slightly lighter than piCture pOlish's Jade)- a saturated mint soft holo with a very subtle silver shimmer.
Opacity: 3
Application: 4.75
The tiniest bit of thickness.
Wear: unknown
Removal: 5
# of coats: 2 (HK Girl top coat on middle and pinky fingers)

Too Much Excitemint (very similar shading to Butter London Slapper)- a very bright & saturated teal holo.
Opacity: 4.5
Application: 5
Wear: unknown
Removal: 5
# of coats: 2 (HK Girl top coat on middle and pinky)

Clover All Over (ever-so-slightly more blue tint than Lilypad's Global Greenie)- a true green strong holo with blue shimmer.
Opacity: 3
Application: 5
Wear: unknown
Removal: 5
# of coats: 2

Last but not least- Wishing Well- a color-shifting green-violet holo polish with gold micro glitter.
I could not capture the green shift in pictures, but it is there. It's also more visible in indoor lighting.
Opacity: 2.5
Application: 5
Wear: 5
Removal: 5
# of coats: 2

The gal that makes these polishes is such a pleasure to work with. I'm not only hooked on this brand because of the colors, but also because of the great customer service I've had! I have some more of these beauties on the way to me as I type this. Hopefully, weather permitting, I will have another review for you a lot sooner this next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment