Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Aly's Dream Polish- Copper, Coral Red, Firebrick, Gold, Gold Tinged Holo

Hey friends! I realized I forgot Coral Red in my last order (which completed my collection of all Aly's reds in the Holo Euphoria Collection). Somehow when I ordered it, I ended up ordering a few other colors too...
So here you have it. A few more Aly's swatches for your week.

First up is Copper. I've noticed a trend with the "metal" colors. Aly added a special flashy, smooth, big shimmer that corresponds to the color. While these pictures don't show it off at all, you will have to trust me on this. It's very beautiful, and I honestly hope she makes more colors with this magic dust in it!
Copper is the color of a slightly dulled penny. It doesn't quite have as much pink tone as brand new copper, but more like a well-loved penny, with more brown tones.
Indoor blue-tint light:
 Outdoor sunshine:
Opacity: 3.5
# of coats: 2

Coral Red is a slightly muted orang-ish red with the slightest pink tint. The indoor pictures make it look more pink than it really is in person.
IBTL:
 Outdoor sunshine:
Opacity: 3
# of coats: 2

Firebrick is really a lot more stunning than I originally gave it credit for. The exact color is rather hard to explain. It's almost as if a pink-tinted red and brown were mixed together and muted a bit.
IBTL:
Outdoor sunlight:
Opacity: 2.75
# of coats: 2

Gold has that same flash/shimmer fantasical stuff in it. More of a muted yellow, this polish is rather bright. The indoor pictures were all taken under the same lighting within seconds of each other, but my camera went kooky with this color, so some color variation happened. The yellow is definitely on the warmer side than cooler.
IBTL:
 Outdoor sunlight:
Opacity: 3.25
# of coats:

Last color of this post is probably my favorite of the five. When I first saw the color in the bottle, it almost looked like it had a sage tint to it. Once I put it on, I saw it was this beautiful soft, very light warm gold tinted holo- hence the name :)
IBTL:
Outdoor sunlight:
Opacity: 1.5
# of coats: 3

Which is your favorite? Are you brave enough to try these metal shades? Tell me in the comments below! Thanks again for all your support!




No comments:

Post a Comment