Friday, May 10, 2013

Aly's Dream Polish Ballad of Serenity (partial) Collection Review (PIC HEAVY)


"Aly" recently released a new collection inspired by the TV Series "Firefly" and the movie "Serenity". If you haven't seen either, I strongly suggest checking them out! I believe both are currently on Netflix. Go check them out now! I'll wait.
...
Welcome back! Isn't it so good? Welcome to my nerdy world! ...

...Anyway. I am missing three polishes from this collection- Reavers, Companion, and Inevitable Betrayal. I strongly suggest taking a look at them on her site. Also, I ask an apology in advance for the less-than-quality pictures. I had so many requests for swatches and so little daylight left. Hopefully I will update these pictures ASAP.
First up is Browncoats. This polish is very similar to those you will find in her Holographic Euphoria collection. It applies very evenly and is nearly opaque in two coats. The result is a lovely rich chocolate brown.

In shaded daylight

In direct sunlight

In natural light

In artificial light

This is my husband's favorite polish of mine. Yes, he has a favorite. No, please don't tell him I told you.

Next is a fun polish mix named "The 'verse". I can definitely see the resemblance. I only used one coat in the following pictures, but I would suggest two for optimum appeal. Although the glitter had sunk to one side of the bottle when it arrived, a few slow turns of the bottle helped re-mix everything together. I felt the glitter also spread evenly without effort. The base is a dark brown, almost black. There are various sizes of highly holographic hex glitters mixed throughout, as well as some black hex.


In shaded daylight

In direct sunlight

In natural light

In artificial light

Honestly, these pictures do not do these polishes justice. They are far more holographic than they seem.

Third is a topcoat glitter named "Cap'n Tightpants". You cannot make fun of this name until you have seen the show. Seriously. If you've already watched it, watch it again. It's fantastic. This polish is a mix of purple hex and holographic black hex glitters, and it is quite stunning. I used one coat for the pictures below, and honestly, they don't do this beauty justice. The holo is magnificent.

In shaded daylight

In direct sunlight

In natural light

In artificial light

The last polish on my list, Invite Diamond, is my personal favorite from this collection. There are SO many shapes, sizes, and strengths of holographic glitter in this topcoat, it's practically blinding. I've added extra pictures in this set in hopes I can give you a better glimpse of the craziness going on here. I also highly recommend this polish for those that hate glitter polishes because they snag. This polish goes on so smooth you don't even need a topcoat. How amazing is that?!

In shaded daylight

In direct sunlight

In natural light

In artificial light

I can't say enough good about this collection. You can purchase all the polishes separately, or in two sets, as full coverage polishes and as topcoats. There is also a holographic powder included in the topcoat set that I did not picture. It can be used with your polish, or mixed in body lotion, etc for a night out on the town! You can purchase all these polishes and more in Aly's store here:
alysdreampolish.storenvy.com/collections/196629-all-products

Have fun shopping everyone!

*I am not affiliated with Aly's Dream Polish





No comments:

Post a Comment